Saturday 28 September 2013

28/09/13

I did no work yesterday, I spent the day out. I'm kind of bored of this whole thing. But there are only 4 days left. At least the boredom is making the nervousness go away.


I really do wish I was motivated. I read something interesting yesterday; ''Flow is an optimal state in which you feel totally engaged in an activity- whether long distance swimming or songwriting, sumo wrestling or sex. In a state of flow, you're neither bored nor anxious, and you don't question your own adequacy. Hours pass without you noticing.....The key to flow is to pursue an activity for it's sake, not for the reward it brings''- (Quiet by Susan Cain). I completely understand what they mean by 'flow,' I've rarely been in this state but I know that feeling, being completely in the mood of work, and not caring about the outcome. It goes on to say; ''Flow often occurs..in conditions in which people become independent of the social environment to the degree that they no longer respond exclusively in terms of its rewards and punishments. To achieve such autonomy, a person has to learn to provide rewards to themselves.''....''in flow, a person could work around the clock for days on end, for no better reason than to keep working.''

I think to get into that state is the only way I can truly stay focussed on the work. I have had a short attention span for as long as I could remember, but I do remember some university days where I was so immersed in the work that I felt like I didn't care about the outside world.

Anyway, I should get started now. I slept quite early last night but ended up waking up at 10 :(. I think I've been quite negative these past few days. I should work on that.

STOP TYPING. why? because. ndjhfknkfnefo.

No comments:

Post a Comment