Thursday 8 August 2013

why do we have tunnel vision?

The abstract reasoning of the ukcat should be used as punishment in hell. I dont know if there is actually a way of getting good at it, I can hardly find any patterns! :(WAH WAH.

I can see why they have put this section into the ukcat because intelligence is the ability to differentiate. I think as we grow older we are less likely to see the 'whole picture' because of our conditioning. Our vision becomes unidimensional. Children are better at spotting patterns, colours and a wider scope of characteristics than adults. If I had to take a guess why we become like this I would blame it on the media. Its because we see recurring themes in the media- television, news, radio, songs, films ect. When we were kids we were not exposed to these recurring patterns and therefore did not have tunnel vision. This process can be reversed by broadening your attention. Examine everything. Be curious, learn how to work everything around you and understand how it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment